The event is visited by more than 2000 people and as such, a few rules must be established to avoid any mishaps. By following these rules everyone will be safe and have a good time at LanTrek.
- Organizers have the right to change or interpret the rules in a way that safety and and smooth flow of arrangements is guaranteed.
- Organizers have the right to remove any one person not abiding by the rules or otherwise behaving disturbingly.
- Organizers have the right to confiscate belongings temporarily or for the duration of the event
- Your belongings are your responsibility. Please ask someone to see to your belongings if you are otherwise occupied
- Participants are liable to compensate any damage caused to anyone or anything. If the person liable is not found, the damage will be compensated from the prize-money
- The sponsors and present media are allowed to take footage and pictures during the event
- The event is subject to Finnish law
- LanTrek Ry reserves the right to any rule-changes
Prohibited at the event
- Your own speakers
- Weapons of any kind (not even fake ones)
- Knives, pocket-knives or tool-sets, such as a Leatherman, containing a knife
- Leathermaneja tai muita monitoimityökaluja, joiden osana on veitsi
- Axes or saws
- Soldering irons or any heat-generating tools
- Fireworks or other explosive or flammable materials
- Alcohol, narcotics or prescription drugs for which you cannot present prescription
- Laser-pointers, laser-pens etc.
- Dry ice, any poisonous material
- Pressured air-horns or anything else too loud
- Home appliances and refridgerators
- Small appliances (such as coffee-brewer or kettle) have an allocated space for their use. See visitors guide kohdasta "kodinkonealue"
- The use of alcohol or narcotics on event premises or in immediate vicinity is prohibited
- To appear intoxicated on event premises is prohibited. (We reserve the right to remove any intoxicated person or alternatively deny access on premises.)
- Smoking is allowed only in allocated areas (near main entrance)
- E-cigarettes are considered cigarettes. Smoking of e-cigarettes indoors is strictly prohibited.
- Screening of obscene or excessively violent behavior is prohibited. Please take others into consideration.
- Any advertisement or sales on premises is prohibited without approval of the organizers
- Smoking is allowed only in allocated areas
- Sleeping is allowed in allocated areas only
Concerning electricity and network-access
- The output of your devices may not exceed 350 watts
- 35o watts is plenty for your computer and accessories, as long as you don't have anything big, such as a refrigerator. Even if your power-supply has a nominal output of 600W, it won't be using as much all the time. Average usage is closer to 150-200W.
- You may not monitor any other network traffic than that at which the end of the line is your computer.
- You are responsible for any information received by or sent from your computer.
- You may not download or distribute any copyrighted material.
- You may not install any switches, modems, hubs, firewalls, or wlan-stations to the network. (In case you need more than one access-point, contact netcrew[at]lantrek.org)
- Personal DHCP- or NAT-constructions are strictly prohibited
- Your computer must be protected by up-to-date virus protection
Excessive structures or amplification
- It is prohibited to bring your own speakers!
- Small lights and contraptionsat your station are a nice addition to the atmosphere at the event. Please use common sense, excessive or clearly dangerous constructions will be removed.
- All of your belongings must have space at your station. Setting up anywhere else is prohibited.
- In case of disturbance, the organizers have the right to remove any sound-system or other articles for the duration of the event.
- The use of video-projectors is prohibited